Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring is in the Cold Air

There are buds on the trees.... Holes in the ground, in the woods. I have to laugh, because Jedi was supposed to get all the garbage out of the woods, but, upon finding this hole, he said "I heard a fart sound and then smelled skunk, and I ran as fast as I could back to the house." This mama had to investigate and of course, get a picture. No skunk, or skunk smell. Thank goodness. It does have us curious as to what does live in that hole though.... Chive bud stew anyone? Mary Hannah and Colette worked very hard all afternoon yesterday making their soups....
Lilac tree buds....
More chive bud stew and some bark piece soup....

This little girl.....runs and runs as fast as she can....
she stops only to laugh....
Look at those feet go....
We've been watching & listening to the Cardinals, singing their songs to eachother.....
Right on the porch....they must be used to our noise....
Isn't she pretty?
Jedi planned his first "Lego Mini-figure" Party with some friends of ours
His games didn't quite work out they way he had planned, as

the little kiddos didn't want to be eliminated from the games he planned....

(where people get eliminated....)

but everyone had a good time anyway.

Thanks Charlotte for your great coloring sheets!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO eager for spring! While we only live an hour away from you, we are struggling to get more signs of spring here. I've seen pussy willows and my lawn is finally without snow and has some glimpses of green. Oh, and my tulips are coming up. That's it.

    I'm looking forward to uncovering my perennials and see all of the green peeking out, maybe then it will feel more like spring. Can't wait!

    Beautiful photos Jamie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!